WISPAPALOOZA 2021 is just around the corner, and this flagship event from the Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA) is expected to be the biggest one yet!
Approximately 2,500 Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs), industry executives, experts, vendors, and consultants will congregate at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel for four days of learning, networking, and fun.
With less than a month to go until WISPAPAPLOOZA 2021 kicks off, we want to ensure that you have all of the information you need to prepare for it. Our curated guide of events and activities will ensure that you get the most out of your time at the show, without running yourself ragged.
So without further ado, here are the top five things to do at WISPAPALOOZA 2021!
1. Don’t Miss These Must-Attend Sessions
WISPAPALOOZA 2021 is boasting almost 100 sessions and panels this year, with many occurring simultaneously. Larger teams attending WISPAPAPLOOZA will get the most value from the event, as they are able to have staff members attend these different sessions happening in conjunction.
However, for those attending WISPAPALOOZA solo or with a small team, we’ve identified some standout sessions and panels that cover a variety of functional areas.
Monday, October 11th:
- Federal Funding Opportunities: How To Participate In Each Program (9:00am-12:00pm | Concorde C): Billions for broadband are being made available by the federal government to support broadband deployment and adoption from the Tribal Broadband grants through NTIA, to the Emergency Broadband Benefit through the FCC. This panel will discuss what these programs are and how to participate.
- Managing The Employee Life Cycle (1:00pm-2:45pm | Versailles 1): From hiring to on-boarding to off-boarding, this session covers what you need to know to manage the full employee life cycle in today’s world. Learn how to find the right people, keep the good ones engaged, and how to let go of the ones dragging your company down.
- Advanced Networking (3:00pm-5:00pm | Versailles 1): Learn about how BGP/OSPF/VLAN/CGNAT are different and when/how to best use them.
Tuesday, October 12th:
- MDU/MTU Super High Speed Broadband Technology Options (3:00pm-4:00pm | Champagne 1): A detailed seminar on the various technologies available for deployment within MDUs/MTUs, from garden-style apartments to high rises and business campus applications. This seminar will also cover wireless, ethernet, fiber, copper, and coaxial technology cost comparisons.
- IoT And How WISPs can Monetize Their Assets (4:30pm-5:30pm | Versailles 1): Learn how to build and operate IoT networks and see specific use cases and solutions that are gaining traction. During this session, you will learn about compelling use cases and how service providers can leverage existing assets to drive new revenue with a LoRaWAN.
Wednesday, October 13th:
- The Virtuous Cycle: Process Improvement (8:00am-9:00am | Champagne 2): Learn how to create a constant improvement cycle for key processes (and how to choose which processes to improve)!
- From 100/100 To Gigabit: Delivering More Speed (9:15am-10:15am | Champagne 1): From delivering the potential new federal grant requirement of 100/100 speeds to Gigabit, this session will review the pros and cons of current technologies on truly delivering on these speeds. This session will also cover potential new technology to compete against fiber in speed and stability.
- Important Voice Regulations for WISPs (10:30am-11:30am | Versailles 1): This panel will tell you about what voice services you need to provide in order to protect your service territories from government overbuilding.
- Network Monitoring Beyond Up/Down (3:00pm-4:00pm | Versailles 1): The fixed wireless industry has moved beyond up/down monitoring. There are several options out there, which is why this session will explore the features that you really need.
- More Than Just A WISP (4:30pm-5:30pm | Champagne 2): In smaller markets, you can rule the digital world by offering more than just wireless internet. Phone, TV, intrusion detection, and video are all ways to dominate!
Thursday, October 14th:
- Moving To The Cloud (8:00am-9:00am | Versailles 1): Does it make sense to have your own data center or even your own servers? The cloud is a powerful place, but what does it take to really move to the cloud? What services can/should you move to the cloud? Get answers to these questions and more in this session.
- Technically Overcoming Pandemic (9:15am-10:15am | Versailles 4): From doing the “normal” business work to overnight rapid growth due to a pandemic. Learn the good/bad/ugly of the technical side of the initial pandemic lockdown and what operators are doing to prepare for future pandemics.
- Security Best Practices (10:30am-11:30am | Champagne 1): With all of the high stakes cyberattacks in the news recently, security has taken center stage in many companies. Learn from our panelists what they’re doing to protect their assets.
- Set It And Forget It Marketing (3:00pm-4:00pm | Champagne 2): Learn about how to create effective, automated, well-timed, multi-pronged marketing campaigns. This session will also explore how you can incorporate social and print advertising.
To see the full show schedule, as well as everything else that’s going on at WISPAPALOOZA 2021, check out our event page.
2. Collect Your Free Swag Bag
One of the highlights of tradeshows is collecting free swag from the various booths exhibiting. Pens, stickers, stress balls, and candy are just some of the freebies you can be sure to take home with you.
WISPA knows how much the WISP crowd loves swag, which is why they help get you off the ground running by providing each attendee with a swag bag loaded with goodies from WISPAPALOOZA’s sponsors! As soon as you check in at the hotel for the event, make sure to grab your free bag.
We’re excited to say that an exclusive sneak peak of Preseem’s upcoming Fixed Wireless Network Report (Q3 2021 Edition) will be included in your swag bag! We can’t wait for you to check out all of the fixed wireless network insights that we’ve put together over the last year.
Be the first to access the upcoming edition of our acclaimed Fixed Wireless Network Report!
The Preseem Fixed Wireless Network Report is coming back and it’s going to be bigger than ever! This year’s edition is loaded with new fixed wireless network performance and market share metrics across providers and different kinds of equipment.
Sign up for free to get the latest edition delivered directly to your inbox once it’s released.
3. Check Out New WISP Products and Services
The exhibition hall is one of the most exciting places at WISPAPALOOZA! We mentioned swag earlier, and this is the place to be to get it. In addition to grabbing freebies, the show floor is a great opportunity to network with other attendees while learning about new fixed wireless solutions.
More than 160 vendors will be showcasing their latest product offerings, making this the biggest WISPAPALOOZA ever! Needless to say, there is going to be a lot to see. With that, it’s important to note that the exhibit hall will only be open for visiting during the following hours:
Tuesday, October 12: 12:30pm – 3:00pm, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Wednesday, October 13: 12:30pm – 3:00pm, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Thursday, October 14: 12:30pm – 3:00pm
With limited hours, it’s important to plan which companies you want to see in advance so that you do not miss out on visiting their booths. And while we think that a good starting point is at Preseem’s booth (#241), you can check out where each company will be on the virtual exhibit hall map here.
4. Partake in the WISPAPALOOZA 2021 Awards Luncheon
Discover which products and services are deemed the latest and greatest by the WISP community at the annual WISPA awards luncheon!
The WISPA annual awards showcase leading contributors within the fixed wireless industry with categories recognizing companies and individuals that have made a substantial impact on the WISP community within the last calendar year.
What makes these awards so special is that they are the result of votes submitted by the WISPA community! As a result, the winners are chosen by the people that are impacted by these products and services the most. Over the last two years, Preseem has had the honor of being recognized as WISPA’s Service of the Year.
The 2021 awards ceremony will take place on October 12, from 11:00am to 12:30pm. Join to see who this year’s winners are and to celebrate their accomplishments within the industry!
5. Attend Special Collocated Events
If the 96 sessions and panels featured at WISPAPALOOZA aren’t enough for you, there’s also a variety of events happening before and during the show for you to explore!
On Sunday, October 10th, Wav is offering a Licensed Microwave Installation & Administration Certification Training course, using Cambium Networks’ PTP 850/820.
If you’re looking for some events that are a little more passive, then you can join Cambium Networks’ development team on Monday, October 11th for a session all about 60 GHz cnWave. Later that day, Cambium is also hosting a session to provide tips and tricks for anyone new to ePMP.
However you decide to spend your time while at the show, one thing is for sure: you’re guaranteed to walk away from WISPAPALOOZA 2021 with more knowledge, insights, and connections than you had before—and the Preseem team cannot wait to see you there!
See everything that’s happening at WISPAPALOOZA 2021!
We’ve put together a page loaded with resources for attendees of WISPAPALOOZA 2021! It’s your one-stop-shop for everything that’s going on at the event! Plus, get more information about what you can expect at Preseem’s booth (#241).