Midwest Broadband Operators Conference 2023
With summer finally on the horizon, we’re looking forward to taking a little road trip to Carmel, Indiana for the 2023 Midwest Broadband Operators Conference.
Scheduled for Thursday, May 18th at the Jill Perelman Pavilion at West Park, this one-day conference will bring together regional ISPs and operators from across the Midwest and beyond. At the event, industry experts and government representatives will speak about broadband issues relevant to WISPs, FISPs, and all other network operators.
Carmel is located just north of the state capital of Indianapolis.
Amid the speeches and funding updates, there’ll also be time to meet with vendors—make sure to stop by our table to chat with the Preseem team when you’re there.
Here’s a few of the talks we’re eager to check out at the conference. Visit the event website for a complete list of speakers and times. You can also buy your tickets there if you haven’t already.
- Cybersecurity: 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Chetrice Mosley-Romero, Cybersecurity Program Director, State of Indiana
- State of the Wireless Industry: 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Justin Wilson, Managing Partner, FD-IX
- FCC, Legislation, Funding Updates, Spectrum, and What’s New: 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Jeff Carlisle, Member, Lerman Senter
- Government Affairs and Advocacy: 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Steve Schwerbel, State Advocacy Manager, WISPA
- Achieving Network Autonomy: 4 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. – Joe Westover, Director, Customer Experience and Strategy, ARIN
- Funding Your Fiber Builds: 5:10 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – John Scrivner, Accessibility Developer Consultant, U.S. Bank
In addition to all the lively discussions and information gathering, there will also be plenty of networking opportunities at the happy hour from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. that wraps up the conference. Breakfast and lunch will also be provided during the event.
Carmel is located just 30 minutes north of Indianapolis, so if you’re sticking around in Indy for a day or two be sure to take in some fun activities in the state capital. Here’s a few ideas on what to see while you’re there:
- Things to Do in Indy (Visit Indy)
- 10 Things to Do in Indianapolis in a Day (Hotels.com)
- 20 Cool, Hidden and Unusual Things to Do in Indianapolis (Atlas Obscura)
We’re excited to see old friends, meet new people, and chat about how Preseem helps regional operators measure quality of experience (QoE) and proactively manage their networks. Don’t forget to stop by our table and say hello 👋