As the calendar flips from February to March, our thoughts turn to spring, rebirth and, of course, WISPAMERICA 2023! This year’s event will be held at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville from Monday, March 6th to Thursday, March 9th.
Hosted as always by the Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA), WISPAMERICA 2023 will bring together more than 1,500 attendees and 100 exhibitors from around the world to the city known as the Gateway to the South.
This year’s event will feature more than 90 expert sessions on everything from the latest regulatory changes and funding opportunities to panel talks focused on growing your business, maximizing revenue, and solving common technical issues.
That’s a lot of sessions, and obviously more than one person can hope to attend. Not to worry—we’ve pored over the WISPAMERICA 2023 agenda and come up with a list of great sessions to check out. View our piping hot recommendations below!
As ever, the Preseem team will be in attendance throughout the conference. Drop by booths 311 and 410 (that’s right, two booths!) to say hello. Also, you can register now for our special Preseem Open House event on Monday, March 6th.
Events and Sessions to Attend at WISPAMERICA 2023
Monday, March 6th
- Preseem Open House: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Make sure to kick off this year’s event by signing up for the Preseem Open House in Room M111 at the Convention Center. This free event provides an informal opportunity to chat with our team and network with your fellow industry pros. We’ll also have demo stations available to view our latest features and answer any of your burning Preseem questions. Or just stop by to have a drink on us at the open bar. Register here to save your spot. Cheers! 🍻
Tuesday, March 7th
- Getting to the Broadband Future Efficiently with BEAD Funding: 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – After the official opening session and breakfast, stick around in Ballroom C to hear telecom industry economist and MIT research scientist Dr. William Lehr discuss the NTIA’s controversial BEAD NOFO. Dr. Lehr will outline the economic shortcomings of the NOFO, while sharing how to lobby your state’s broadband office about BEAD program implementation.
- Getting the Most Out of Your Sales Team: 2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. – Once you’ve browsed the Exhibit Hall post-lunch, visit room M107 to learn more about how to set expectations for your sales team, what tools they’ll need to succeed, and how to motivate them to hit their goals.
- Maximizing Your ARPU: 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – ARPU stands for Average Revenue Per User, something that’s obviously of prime importance to local and regional operators. Check in on this session to find out why it’s easier to increase ARPU via existing customers than new subscribers. Also, get tips on how to upsell to your existing base and what products to consider adding to drive your ARPU higher.
Wednesday, March 8th
- Marketing Against Your Competition Both Big and Small: 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Get your Wednesday started with this session on how to market against all of your competitors, whether big telcos or fellow WISPs. Included in this session will be tips on how to use your competitors’ weaknesses to your advantage and grow your share of the market.
- Growing to 10,000 Customers: 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Speaking of growing your market share, this panel discussion will look at some of the challenges that pop up when your business grows beyond the 10K subscriber threshold. What should you watch out for? What should you make sure to plan for? These questions and more will be answered during this informative session.
- Home Wi-Fi: It’s Not Your Problem, But It Is: 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – A customer’s in-home Wi-Fi connection might not seem like it’s your issue to worry about, but it’ll still generate support calls no matter how good the service you’re providing. Learn how to manage home Wi-Fi issues while increasing revenue and, as the conference description says, “without losing your mind.”
Thursday, March 9th
- Women of WISPA Breakfast and Speed Dating: 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. – Co-sponsored by Sonar, Calix, and Preseem, this gathering of the growing Women of WISPA group is open to everyone! Breakfast will be served in Room M104 and followed by a fun and informal speed dating session that will allow you to engage with your fellow attendees.
- The Right Tool for the Right Job: 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Right after wrapping up at the Women of WISPA breakfast, make the short trip to Ballroom C to catch WISPA President and CEO David Zumwalt’s keynote address. During the speech, the CEO will discuss with local and regional operators the various factors they consider when deciding when to install fiber, fixed wireless, or other broadband technologies.
- Oversubscription and Capacity Planning: 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Your subscribers may think that you sell bandwidth, but you know that what you really sell is airtime. Get your geek on in this tech session that looks at the importance of RF and capacity planning, and how to optimize your oversubscription ratios.
Visit the WISPAMERICA Exhibit Hall
With over 100 vendors in attendance, the Exhibit Hall is sure to be a busy spot at WISPAMERICA 2023. One thing to note is that the hall is only open during designated times, so make sure to plan your days accordingly to optimize your time with vendors. As noted below, food is often provided during hall hours so take the opportunity to refuel while you browse the booths.
Exhibit Hall hours:
- Tuesday, March 7th: 12 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. (lunch provided) and 4:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. (Exhibit Hall reception)
- Wednesday, March 8th: 12 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. (lunch provided) and 4:45 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Thursday, March 9th: 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (brunch provided)
As mentioned above, Preseem will be on hand at booths 311 and 410, so make sure to stop by and chat with our friendly team of experts!
In addition to all the informative sessions and industry networking, we hope you’ll find time to explore the city during conference off-hours. From museums celebrating the legacy of Kentucky icons like the Louisville Slugger, Kentucky Derby, and Muhammad Ali, to tasty bourbon tours and a thrilling Mega Cavern adventure, there’s no shortage of attractions to enjoy in the River City. We’ll see you there!
P.S. Don’t forget to register for our Preseem Open House: Monday, March 6th at 3 p.m. in Room M111 🙂