It’s time for a little March break in the Big Easy.
After a successful part-live, part-virtual event in 2021, WISPAMERICA is back with an in-person conference in New Orleans, March 14-17.
With more than 1,000 attendees expected and over 100 vendors showcasing their wares at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, it promises to be a busy and exciting few days.
As well as a bustling exhibit hall and numerous networking opportunities, the event will have more than 50 panels moderated by WISP experts. These include sessions on the latest technology, funding programs, operational best practices, regulations, marketing tips, and more.
To help you plan your conference experience, we’ve combed the agenda and come up with a list of can’t-miss sessions at WISPAMERICA 2022 for your consideration.
WISPAMERICA 2022: Must-Attend Sessions
Tuesday, March 15th:
- MPLS Use Cases and Strategies (2:15pm-3:15pm | Room TBD): MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) adds complexity to a network. Is it worth it? Find out when MPLS is a best fit, and what alternate strategies look like and their pros and cons.
- Oversubscription and Capacity Planning (3:45pm-4:45pm | Room TBD): Customers think WISPs sell bandwidth, but what WISPs really sell is airtime. This session will take you through RF and capacity planning as well as how to optimize your oversubscription ratios.
Wednesday, March 16th:
- Network Topologies (8am-9:15am | Room TBD): This session will discuss different networking methodologies and what they mean for your routing. This includes bridging, static routing, dynamic routing, MPLS, VPLS, and more.
- Getting a Grip on RF Quality: Proactively Manage RF Access Networks (9:45am-10:45am | Room TBD): Zealously and cost-effectively managing RF quality ensures your network can ensure happy customers with more bandwidth. Learn about RF quality in your access network and how to proactively monitor for changes.
- Supporting 50 Devices in the Home (2:15pm-3:15pm | Room TBD): The average home now has 50 connected devices. This session will help you understand the network demands of all these devices and how to ensure happy customers as all this new technology is deployed.
- How to Troubleshoot Subscriber Connectivity Issues: WAN vs. LAN (3:45pm-4:45pm | Room TBD): Most customer service issues are located at the customer premises. Learn how to diagnose LAN vs. WAN issues and keep your network running and customers happy.
Thursday, March 17th:
- Routing Beyond 10 Gbps! (9:45am-10:45am | Room TBD): As your traffic grows, you need to scale your core. This panel will address scaling challenges beyond 10 Gbps and the architectural changes required to get there.
- Growing to 10,000 Customers (2:15pm-3:15pm | Room TBD): This panel will discuss challenges faced when growing to 10,000 subscribers and beyond. What should you look out for and what should you plan for?
- Taking Advantage of the Affordable Connectivity Program (3:45pm-4:45pm | Room TBD): In 2021, the FCC launched the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program that provides a subsidy to help connect low-income families to broadband. The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act directed the FCC to continue the program but renamed it the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and reduced the monthly subsidy for eligible households from $50 to $30. Learn more about the changes in the new ACP.
Visit Preseem at the Exhibit Hall
Aside from thought-provoking and informative sessions like those listed above, there’s also plenty of time set aside in the WISPAMERICA 2022 agenda for you to explore the exhibit hall.
With over 100 vendors on hand showing off their latest products and services, make a plan to visit booths during the designated exhibit hall times. This gives you the chance to network with other industry professionals while getting up to speed on the latest products that can help your business grow. There’ll also be plenty of free swag to grab 🙂
Preseem will be at booth #215 this year and our friendly team is looking forward to chatting with you. We can’t wait to show you how our new RF analysis features can help you move to proactive management of your network and improve the subscriber experience. You could also win big as we’ll be raffling off two brand new TVs with stands on Thursday, March 17th. Be sure to stop by our booth and enter your ballot on Tuesday or Wednesday!
Scheduled exhibit hall hours at this year’s event are:
- Tuesday, March 15th: 12pm-2:15pm and 4:45pm-6pm
- Wednesday, March 16th: 12pm-2:15pm and 4:45pm-6pm
- Thursday, March 17th: 12pm-2:15pm
Join Our Exclusive Preseem Event
This year’s WISPAMERICA also has a variety of colocated events and training sessions that will be taking place prior to the main event.
One of those will be hosted by our very own Preseem experts. We’re holding three one-hour sessions from 1-4 p.m. on Monday, March 14th where we’ll take a look at:
- Preseem’s upcoming new RF analysis features that make it possible to easily identify where subscriber and network changes are required with far less time and expertise
- What QoE Monitoring really means—hint: it’s more than just traffic shaping
- The Preseem roadmap—what we’re working on and where we’re heading
You can sign up for one, two, or all three sessions—your choice. Best of all, it’s free! Get your trip off to a productive start by joining our team for this informative and exclusive event. Attendance is limited—click here to reserve your spot.
In addition to all the informative sessions and industry networking, we hope you’ll find time to explore the Crescent City during conference off-hours. From world-renowned food and a rich musical history to beautiful neighborhoods and famous museums, there’s no shortage of things to do and sights to see in New Orleans. Maybe we’ll see you out and about in the French Quarter!
Get the full lowdown on WISPAMERICA 2022!
If you’re looking for more information on what’s happening at WISPAMERICA this year, we’ve got you covered with our dedicated conference page.