FISPA Live is almost here. And it’s going to be big. The 2019 edition of the Hybrid Service Provider Conference organized by FISPA is back. This year, the event will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Nashvhille Downtown between Feb 20th to Feb 22nd.
It promises to be a unique conference and gathering of hybrid service providers. Moreover, the timing is just right. That is to say, more and more service providers are looking at a mix of fiber and wireless technologies to deliver internet in a cost-effective and efficient manner. For more information on hybrid service providers, check out this recent post by Double Radius. In addition, competition in the fixed wireless space is also growing with the entry of giants like AT&T and Verizon. Consequently, FISPA Live shall be a very insightful and engaging event.
Preseem at FISPA Live 2019: Agenda
Preseem will be joining the community of competitive telecommunication executives, consultants and other exhibitors for the first time. The FISPA Live 2019 agenda covers a variety of technical topics on Fiber and Wireless technologies. In addition, sessions on business topics like financing and marketing compliment the technical ones. In conclusion, FISPA Live 2019 has a very holistic agenda and there should be something for everyone’s benefit.
Participants at FISPA live also get an opportunity to experience latest products and services from ISP industry. Most importantly, around 30 vendors will be participating in this year’s event showcasing their networking gear and services.
The full event agenda is available here.
FISPA Live 2019 – Key Sessions
Conference participants generally have their own expectations out of an event. However, we thought the following sessions should be very interesting for everyone. Certainly, keeping in mind the current market trends and regulatory scenarios.
1. Panel Discussion: Wireless Versus Fiber – An Open Discussion
- When: Thursday, Feb 21, 2019 1.15 pm – 2.00 pm
- Why: With the rapid rise of Fixed Wireless and entry of big telcos into the space, it’s important for ISPs to evaluate how wireless alternatives compare with their Fiber deployment plans. Importantly, this open discussion should be a very interesting opportunity to hear different view points and experiences.
2. Break-out room presentation: Quality of Experience Monitoring & Optimization for Fixed Wireless Networks
- When: Wednesday, Feb 20, 2019, 4.30 pm – 6.00 pm
- Why: Measuring & importing the real Quality of Experience (QoE) is critical for the success of any ISP using fixed wireless technologies. Any degradation in the QoE can negatively impact subscriber churn, increase support costs and cost capital expenditure to upgrade equipment. Importantly, Jason Pond from Grizzly broadband will share his real-world experience of using Preseem and the impact it has it on his network and business. Limited seats/ registration required.
3. Session: Architecting Your Network Efficiently While Reducing Operational Costs
- When: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 3.45 pm – 4.30 pm
- Why: A common concern for legacy ISPs is that their network isn’t architectured properly for scale. Making significant changes after build up always leads to higher capital costs as well as possible network downtime. Kevin Myers’ session on how to configure your network efficiently while reducing costs should be a very interesting one for the participants.
4. Marketing Tips for B2B
- When: Friday, February 22, 2019, 10.45 am – 11.15 am
- Why: Many ISP owners and managers often dedicate a majority of their time on the technical side of the business given their experience and credentials. This can negatively impact the very important marketing and business aspects. This session will have Peter Radizeski share some marketing tips for Business-to-business operations and should be very informative.
FISPA Live 2019 – Getting the most value
Beyond these sessions, like all industry conferences, a lot of value comes from the informal networking and conversations with fellow participants. So, if you’re coming, make sure you put your confident self out there and have free conversations with other participants. Most ISP owners are happy to help others out and you’ll find that spirit of support and camaraderie at FISPA Live 2019 as well. Food sessions (including welcome reception, lunch and breakfast) should be perfect meeting opportunities for everyone.
It should be amazing three days at Nashville and we hope you get a lot of time to learn, network and have fun!
If you’re interested to know more about QoE monitoring and optimization for your network, make your way to the Exhibit location and meet the Preseem team. More details here.
If you like this post, please help us by sharing it with your network by using the icons here