FISPA Live is almost here, and it’s going to be big! The 2019 edition of the Hybrid Service Provider Conference organized by FISPA is back. This year, the event will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville Downtown between February 20th and 22nd.
It promises to be a unique conference and gathering of hybrid service providers. The timing is just right, too, as more and more service providers consider a mix of fiber and wireless technologies to deliver internet in a cost-effective and efficient manner. For more information on hybrid service providers, check out this recent post by Double Radius. Competition in the fixed wireless space is also growing with the entry of giants like AT&T and Verizon. Consequently, FISPA Live should be a very insightful and engaging event.
Preseem at FISPA 2019: Agenda
Preseem will be joining the community of telecom executives, consultants, and other exhibitors for the first time at FISPA. The FISPA Live 2019 agenda covers a variety of technical topics on fiber and wireless technologies. Also, sessions on business topics like financing and marketing will complement the technical ones. In short, FISPA Live 2019 has a very varied agenda and there should be something for everyone’s benefit.
Participants at FISPA Live also get an opportunity to experience the latest products and services from the ISP industry. Around 30 vendors will be participating in this year’s event showcasing their networking gear and services.
FISPA 2019 – Key Sessions
Conference participants generally have their own expectations for an event. However, we thought the following sessions should be very interesting for everyone, keeping in mind current market trends and regulatory scenarios.
1. Panel Discussion: Wireless Versus Fiber – An Open Discussion
- When: Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019 1:15 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Why: With the rapid rise of fixed wireless and the entry of big telcos into the space, it’s important for ISPs to evaluate how wireless alternatives compare with their fiber deployment plans. This open discussion should be a very interesting opportunity to hear different views and experiences.
2. Break-out Room Presentation: Quality of Experience Monitoring and Optimization for Fixed Wireless Networks
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019, 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Why: Measuring real Quality of Experience (QoE) is critical for the success of any ISP using fixed wireless technologies. Any degradation in QoE can negatively impact subscriber churn, while increasing support costs and the cost of upgrading equipment. Jason Pond from Grizzly Broadband will share his real-world experience of using Preseem and the impact it’s had on his network and business.
3. Session: Architecting Your Network Efficiently While Reducing Operational Costs
- When: Thursday, Feb. 21, 3:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Why: A common concern for legacy ISPs is that their network isn’t built for scale. Making significant changes after the initial build can lead to higher capital costs as well as possible network downtime. Kevin Myers’ session on how to configure your network efficiently while reducing costs should be a very interesting one for participants.
4. Marketing Tips for B2B
- When: Friday, Feb. 22, 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Why: Many ISP owners and managers often dedicate a majority of their time on the technical side of the business, while neglecting marketing. This session will see Peter Radizeski share some marketing tips for B2B operations and should be very informative.
FISPA Live 2019 – Getting the Most Value
Beyond these sessions, a lot of value can come from informal networking and conversations with fellow participants. Most ISP owners are happy to help others out and no doubt you’ll also find that spirit of support and camaraderie at FISPA Live 2019. Food sessions (including welcome reception, lunch and breakfast) should be perfect meeting opportunities for everyone.
It should be an amazing three days in Nashville and we hope you get a lot of time to learn, network, and have fun!
If you’re interested in learning more about QoE monitoring and optimization for your network, make your way to the exhibit location and meet the Preseem team. Or book a demo to see Preseem in action!