WISPAPALOOZA 2017, the premier fixed wireless broadband conference and trade show hosted by the Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA), returns to Las Vegas, October 9th to 13th, 2017.
WISPA’s flagship event is in its seventh year and is expected to break all previous attendance records. After a successful 2016 edition where over 1,500 attendees from the US and 26 other countries participated, the event this year is expected to boast a participation of over 1,800 attendees and 110+ exhibitors.
What to Expect
WISPAPALOOZA 2017 and Fiber Bootcamp 2017 will be held at the Rio Hotel and Casino. Expect a jam-packed agenda with numerous training events, sessions, networking breaks and a sold-out exhibitor hall. In the hall, you’ll find manufacturers, consultants, software companies and other vendors showcasing the latest innovations for the fixed wireless industry.
Who Should Attend
From an entrepreneur interested in setting up a fixed wireless business, to seasoned professionals, to policy experts and networking geeks, WISPAPALOOZA 2017 promises to be a win-win for everybody.
What’s on the Agenda
The agenda for this year’s event was developed with serious consultation from WISPA members, advisors and previous event attendees. As such, it offers WISPs a golden opportunity to learn about specific technical, business, HR, and sales and marketing practices that can help them grow their business.
However, due to the magnitude of the event, it’s impossible for one person to participate in every session. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We spent some time going through the full schedule and noted some must-attend sessions.
5 Must-Attend Sessions at WISPAPALOOZA 2017
1. Technical: Moving from IPv4 vs IPv6
- When: Tuesday, October 10th, 4:30pm – 5:30pm (Session Two)
- Why: With the Internet running out of IPv4 addresses, find out how your WISP network can migrate to the new IPv6 standard. Also, learn why it’s important to plan this out as early as possible. Check out a short guide on IPv4 vs IPv6 here.
2. Exhibit Hall Reception
- When: Tuesday, October 10th, 5:30pm – 7:45pm
- Why: With a record-breaking 110+ vendors displaying the latest wireless gear products and technology, you can’t afford to miss this reception. Also, visiting the exhibit hall allows you to understand more about the latest innovations for WISPs. While there, you can interact and form relationships with key staff at companies that could potentially lead to customized offers and savings! Many vendors offer quick demos and training sessions around the main WISPAPALOOZA event. Make sure to check these out and register for the ones most likely to help your business.
3. Regulatory: Net Neutrality – Understanding Internet Governance
- When: Wednesday, October 11th, 8:30am – 9:30am
- Why: With the FCC proposing major changes to net neutrality rules and receiving over 13,000 pages of complaints as reported recently, there’s never been a better time for you to understand internet governance and how it impacts your WISP business.
4. Technical: QoE
- When: Wednesday, October 11th, 10am – 11am
- Why: With large telcos like AT&T and Verizon entering the fixed wireless industry, it’s all the more important for WISPs to learn why subscriber Quality of Experience (QoE) matters. You’ll also learn how you can measure, monitor and optimize it for business success. Dan Siemon, co-founder of Preseem, will be part of the panel discussing QoE and is happy to answer your questions at the session.
5. Marketing: Using Social Media as a Business Development Tool
- When: Thursday, October 12th, 10am – 11am, Session Eight
- Why: Facebook influenced over 50% of online and offline transactions in 2016. As such, WISPs need to leverage the power of social media tools for business success. Also, this session will highlight how you can use social media platforms as part of your business development strategy.
What Else is Happening
Beyond the technical sessions and exhibition events, there will also be ample opportunities to network at WISPAPALOOZA 2017. These can occur at formal lunch hours and “speed dating” sessions as well as post-event social gatherings. (It’s Vegas, after all!)
WISPAPALOOZA comes but once a year, so make sure to maximize this opportunity for networking and growing your WISP business. Try to meet as many people as you can and of course, also make some time for fun!
If you’d like to know more about QoE monitoring and optimization for your network, make your way to Booth #9 in the Exhibit Hall between Tuesday, Oct. 10 and Thursday, Oct. 12. The Preseem team will be happy to meet you!