Access Network Operations
Manage your network proactively and efficiently with insightful RF analytics, traffic-based QoE measurements, and a single pane view of your access network operations.
Work Smarter with AP and CPE Radio Metrics
Preseem provides a common interface to view and investigate APs and CPE Radios across vendors and models. Metrics are normalized across vendors and collected continuously on one-minute intervals. This allows your access network operations team to answer questions and investigate issues without actually needing to login to or learn vendor tools. As well as making life easier for the team, this helps improve efficiency by:
- Reducing training time and vendor-specific expertise requirements for network staff
- Lowering any risk associated with multiple people accessing vendor configuration tools
- Making it easier to add new vendors and models, and increasing deployment flexibility
Tackle Network Issues Proactively with AP and CPE Radio Scores
AP and CPE Radio Scores help your access network operations team identify and prioritize areas of the network to improve or fix before the customer notices or calls. Here’s a few ways they can help your team become more proactive and effective:
- Identify APs or CPE Radios with poor RF conditions with a single, sortable score that can be used to drive proactive network improvements
- Find APs that deliver a poor experience with a single, sortable AP Health score that can be used to prioritize work
- See the CPE Radios that are having the biggest negative impact on a fixed wireless network’s most valuable asset—airtime
- Reduce the expertise required to identify APs or CPE Radios with poor RF and make your in-house experts more efficient. Let them spend their time fixing problems instead of looking for them!
Truly Understand the Subscriber Experience
Preseem takes high granularity subscriber traffic-based QoE measurements and ties them directly back to the topology, all without adding traffic to the network. In our years of experience, we’ve found that traffic-based metrics are the only way to really understand the subscriber experience.
They’re also actionable, meaning they help your access network operations team:
- Proactively target investigations and improvements into areas of the network that are delivering a poor experience
- Quickly identify if any quality problems are in the network or are specific to one subscriber
- Get insight into network usage and growth through historical metrics
- Target investment to the areas that need capacity the most, not areas where new customers can already be supported
Save Time for Your Team
Our cloud-based architecture provides a centralized view across all vendors, models and inline elements, so there’s no need to log in to different locations or servers to see different parts of the network. Also, our subscriber topology and element search capabilities mean your team can quickly jump to information and metrics associated with any subscriber or access technology element (AP).
Our Automatic Access Network Discovery can also help save time by:
- Requiring less provisioning information, making integration easier and reducing TCO
- Improving subscriber and topology mapping accuracy for Preseem use cases
- Allowing your team to audit provisioning information in other systems using Preseem data
"Preseem helped us reduce our weekly support calls by over 25%!"
CEO, Grizzly Broadband
Related Media and Articles
Give Your Subscribers the Best Experience One of the best ways for local and regional ISPs to compete with larger providers is to ensure their subscribers have a great quality of experience (QoE). Some of the benefits of this are obvious. A happy subscriber is less...
Traffic Shaping Software and Your Network The relationship between traffic shaping software and your network is kind of like adding icing to the proverbial cake. Traffic shaping, like icing, is nice to have and can be the perfect finishing touch for your network...
Bandwidth Management Bandwidth management is how Internet Service Providers (ISPs) control traffic on their networks and enforce subscriber plan rates. Traffic shaping is a commonly-used bandwidth control mechanism that’s intended to improve network performance,...
AP Capacity Planning and RF Management Made Easy Some aspects of RF management have long been considered a “dark art,” requiring specialized knowledge, years of experience, and a near-superhuman ability to juggle information from multiple tools. As you can imagine,...
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, people of all ages have been spending more time online at home. A recent Statistics Canada study, for example, found that 75% of Canadians aged 15 and older have increased their internet usage since the pandemic started. This...
The Preseem Podcast
Check out our podcast for episodes on core network operations and more!
Preseem YouTube Channel
Check out our YouTube channel for videos on access network operations and more!
Get Started Today
Book a demo with us today to learn more about how Preseem can benefit you!