Trade shows and exhibitions have a surprisingly long and storied history. In fact, they’ve been around since late medieval Europe and became prominent after the 1700s. That was when farmers, traders and artisans began travelling across the world, creating iconic trade routes and business relationships.
While times may have changed since then, the fundamental idea of a successful event stays the same.
A successful industry event gives people the chance to meet and learn from each other, while making valuable business connections.
WISPAMERICA 2017 is the annual spring gathering of the WISP industry and is organized by the Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA).
While most trade events gather prominent speakers and provide networking opportunities, WISPAMERICA goes further by including hands-on training sessions by functional experts. These workshops help WISPs solve their day-to-day business challenges while also uncovering their potential for growth.
In addition to the presence of the who’s who of the WISP community, vendors can display their products, get feedback, and encourage a trial of their latest innovations.
While there are numerous activities taking place during WISPAMERICA, here are our three can’t-miss sessions for this year’s event.
3 Key Sessions to Attend
1. WISPA’s Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- When: Tuesday, March 14th 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Why: With Ajit Pai at the helm of the FCC, and recent exemptions and rules that affect broadband services, it’ll be interesting to learn more about how this affects WISPs and possible risk mitigation strategies.
2. Open Internet Rules: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow?
- When: Wednesday, March 15th 8 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Why: With a new administration in power, learning more about the status and fate of the Open Internet and Broadband Privacy rule will be critical for service providers.
3. Better Wi-Fi in the Home
- When: Thursday, March 16th 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Why: Improving subscriber QoE is one of the biggest challenges for WISPs. In an era of wireless devices, increasing package speeds, and streaming video traffic, it’s become extremely relevant for WISPs everywhere.
There are also training and other technical workshops that aim to help WISPs rapidly grow their business. The wide variety of options ensures that there’s something for everyone.
Last but not least, our CEO and co-founder Gerrit Nagelhout will be back at WISPAMERICA this year and is looking forward to meeting you. If you’re around, reach out to him and learn more about our latest innovations in network telemetry for WISPs!